Completion of one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [5.5 or 6]
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track Or equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server Experience working at the command prompt is highly recommended.
VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale is designed for experienced VMware vSphere® users. It teaches advanced skills for configuring and maintaining a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure. Through a mix of lecture and hands-on labs, you will configure and optimize the vSphere features that build a foundation for a truly scalable infrastructure and discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect. Anyone who is ready to take their understanding of vSphere to a deeper level and learn how to use advanced features and controls will greatly benefit from this course. The course is based on VMware ESXi™ 6 and VMware vCenter Server™ 6. Note: This course is based on beta software.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- onfigure and manage ESXi networking and storage for a large and sophisticated enterprise
- Manage changes to the vSphere environment
- Optimize the performance of all vSphere components
- Harden the vSphere environment against security threats
- Troubleshoot operational faults and identify their root causes
- Use VMware vSphere® ESXi ™ Shell and VMware vSphere® Management Assistant to manage vSphere
- Use VMware vSphere® Auto Deploy™ to provision ESXi hosts